painting by Leonid Afremov (afremov.com)


S P I R I T L O V E S A F E T Y

Travel Plans/Checkouts

FINAL Checkouts Saturday Schedule December 13th:

Everybody will be out of their Fall Semester apartments by 11 AM Saturday, December 13th.  If you are late, you will receive and extra charge (we have other girls needing to move in right away, so plan ahead DO not make others late, people have planes to catch!!!)

I need one hour to check all the apartments from 11AM until noon.  During this hour there should be NO one in the rooms, all belongings (unless you are staying in the same apartment for Winter) should be in:

--  the main or upper lounge, 

-- packed away in storage or  

-- in your cars ready to go home.  

From 11 AM until noon I will need to check all apartments that are going to have students move in immediately, I need to check back all of the keys so I can issue you new ones (unless you are staying in the same apartment).

So from 12PM-2PM Saturday December 13th you can move your things into your new apartment.  After 2, you will be issued at fee for staying late.  I didn’t want to have it too late, because I know that people will be driving down to Salt Lake City/Boise/Idaho Falls to catch a plane. 

If your flight leaves earlier (Thursday, Friday or Saturday early), you can store up to 5 boxes in storage over the break, and move into your new apartment when you get back. 

IF your flight leaves on any day after the 13th, and you haven’t emailed me yet, let me know and we’ll work something out.  I certainly don’t want you to be out on the streets!  :)

After reading this information, and you still have questions, don’t hesitate to email me!   I am going to also set up a finals week/whiteglove/checkout/travel plan calendar with each of you so you have an idea what to expect with your schedules your last week here.  We can either work on them together, or you can fill it out yourself if you wish. :}

 

The better we plan, the easier it will be on all 120 of us :)

Take care, have a great day!

Jena/

For information about travel to Salt Lake City, Idaho Falls or Boise please read below:

 

If booking a flight through Salt Lake City:

If I was to drive to Salt Lake City and catch a flight after I’ve moved my things in (say I was done moving in by 1:30)…I’d give myself 4 hours to drive from Rexburg or take a shuttle to Salt Lake.  I’d then give myself an extra 2 hours (due to inclement weather, see the Salt Lake City airport homepage link below under FAQ’s) to get my bags checked, ticketed, etc. after I arrived at the airport.  So that means the earliest flight I would book would be around 7:30 PM from Salt Lake City.  Here are some links that you might find helpful when gathering your travel information:

http://www.slcairport.com/  (Salt Lake City airport/info on baggage, how early should I arrive, parking a car over break, etc. )

http://www.saltlakeexpress.com/schedule.cfm  (Salt Lake express shuttle service/schedule a shuttle from the Hart building to the airport in Salt Lake,etc.)

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result.php?ard=1&q1=Rexburg%2C+ID&q2=Salt+Lake+City+International+Airport&fr2=sc-sb&fr=yfp-t-501#mvt=m&lat=42.295445&lon=-112.112445&zoom=8&q1=Rexburg%2C%20ID&q2=Salt%20Lake%20City%20International%20Airport

(Driving Directions from Rexburg, ID to the SLC International Airport)

 

If booking a flight through Idaho Falls:

If I was to drive to Idaho Falls Airport, I’d give myself 45 minutes to get there (it will be snowy) and 1.5 hours to get all set for Idaho Falls airport (their airport isn’t as big, and won’t need the full 2 hours early, check with the airline for their recommendation).

IF TAKING A SHUTTLE TO IDAHO FALLS AIRPORT:  I found out that you have two options:

1.        CALL in (instead of booking your shuttle online) your reservation to Salt Lake Express.  Then ask to be dropped off/picked up at the airport.  It’s an additional $5 each way to and from the airport.  OR

2.       You can call a taxi from the bus terminal: http://local.yahoo.com/id/idaho+falls/Travel+Lodging/Taxi+Services/ (list of taxi services in Idaho Falls)

Here are some links that you might find helpful when gathering your travel information:

http://www.ci.idaho-falls.id.us/main/index2.asp?PageId=1050 (Idaho Falls Regional Airport home page)

http://www.saltlakeexpress.com/schedule.cfm  (Salt Lake express shuttle service/schedule a shuttle from the Hart building here on campus that will take you directly to a bus terminal and from there it’s about 2 miles to the airport.  A taxi cab can pick you up from there, phone number: ,etc.)

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=43.66507&lon=-111.925305&zoom=11&q1=Rexburg%2C%20ID%2083440&q2=Idaho%20Falls%20Regional%20Airport

(driving directions from Rexburg to Idaho Falls Regional Airport)

 

If booking a flight through Boise:

If I was driving to Boise Airport, I’d give myself 4.5-5 hours (at least 6 hours when taking a shuttle) to get to Boise, and 2 hours to get all set up at the airport.  Here are some links that you might find helpful when gathering your travel information:

http://www.ifly.com/boise-airport  (Boise Idaho Airport)

http://www.saltlakeexpress.com/schedule.cfm  (Salt Lake express shuttle service/schedule a shuttle from the Hart building here on campus that will take you directly to Boise Airport)

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=43.197205&lon=-114.003475&zoom=8&q1=Rexburg%2C%20ID%2083440&q2=3201%20Airport%20Way%20BOise%20ID%2083705 (Driving directions to Boise Airport)

 

No comments: