painting by Leonid Afremov (afremov.com)


S P I R I T L O V E S A F E T Y

Welcome New Gals!


Be sure to bookmark this blog, and review it often. It will make your life a lot easier :)

My name is Jena Hagen and I am the head resident of Perkins Hall. I am excited to have you living in my dorm this coming semester! It's going to be so much fun!
To tell you a little bit about myself, I am from Washington State, I came to BYU-Idaho to study a wide variety of subjects. I am pursuing a teaching degree for elementary students. I am married to Joey Hagen, who is the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased! :) He's studying Accounting and we hope to someday make it back to Washington. We've been married almost a year. We love to play games, watch movies and entertain friends and family when they come to visit. I also love to blog: www.jenahagen.blogspot.com

Random fact: Even though my name looks like “jenna” it is pronounced like “gee-nuh”. It’s cool, people get it wrong all the time. Phonetics are a silly thing, huh? I’d like to know how to pronounce your name, or if you go by a shortened version of your name…let me know, I’d love to call you the right name!

Winter 2010 check-ins will be conducted on the following days, times, and places:
Saturday, January 2, 2009, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. At the Thomas E. Ricks Building.
Monday, January 4, 2009, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Housing Office, Kimball 196.
Tuesday, January 5, 2009, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Housing Office, Kimball 196. I will not be able to check you in…if you need to, you can print this off for your reference when you come. :)

*** There will be no check-ins on Sunday *** Early check-ins are not possible ***


Please bring the following items with you when checking in:
BYU-Idaho student I-Number


If you plan to check in on a later date, please contact the housing office. (208) 496-1045. Do not plan to arrive prior to Saturday, January 3rd, as your room will not be ready, and there will not be employees here to help you check in.

After you check in to the Housing Office, please come to Virginia H Perkins Hall. I will be in the dorm office or wandering the courtyard handing out campus maps, guiding students to their rooms, and answering questions.

Room assignments will not be completed until just prior to your arrival, so unfortunately we won't be able to answer questions about your roommate or which room you'll be assigned to. After you check in, your address will be:

Name
[apt#] Virginia H Perkins Hall
525 S. Center St.-0031
Rexburg, ID 83460

I know it's a mouthful, but it's important all three lines are represented so there aren't any delays in the arrival of your mail!

***You don’t need to put BYU-Idaho on the line above your address. Just make sure you have the zip code right. This will save you on shipping labels***

If you need to send boxes before you know what your room assignment is, you may send it to the above address (omitting the room number). The zip code is specific to BYU-Idaho, so it will still arrive at Virginia H Perkins Hall as long as it is sent via US mail. If you use another postal service (FedEx, UPS, etc.) that requires a signature the package will be delivered to Stores and Receiving at the Auxiliary Services building on campus.

The apartments are equipped with oven/stove, refrigerator, microwave, kitchen table and four chairs, dishwasher, living room furniture, beds and mattresses/mattress cover, a desk and chair, a mop, bucket, broom, a dustpan and a vacuum. You will need to bring the following:

Towels and wash cloths
Dishes
Pots and pans
Kitchen utensils, etc.
Iron (you can coordinate with your roommates when you get here as well if you'd like)
Alarm Clock
Flashlights (matches and candles are prohibited)
Soap and other toiletries
Cleaning supplies
Laundry soap
Toilet paper
Hangers
Personal items
Desk Lamp

If you are bringing a computer, you’ll need to get set up with our wireless network. Please go to: http://www.byui.edu/Laptop/helpdesk.htm.

If you have any questions about life here, I would LOVE for you to meet some amazing people who have lived here before. They will give you the most candid information about life here. Go to Facebook and do two things:
Add Virginia Perkins Hall as a friend (it's me...but all of my friends are tenants)
Join the "Winter 2009 Perkins Hall" group. You can all get to know each other before you come!

If you have any questions that these fine ladies couldn't/didn't, you are more than welcome to email me at hagenj@byui.edu
. I will reply ASAP. However, I will be out of town from December 25th-Dec 31st.

I look forward meeting with you! See you soon!

Excitedly,

Jena Hagen

No comments: