
There have been many tenants who have expressed their concern regarding other tenant’s behavior, violating the Honor Code/Dress Code.
1. I first of all want to congratulate you! You have done SO much better in approaching each other with genuine concern before coming to me. I hope this has brought you closer together, and has helped to have longer lasting effects.
2. Secondly, I've spent many hours praying, searching the scriptures and other church publications, & pondering how to approach this subject. I've read the talk by Elder Bednar (address given to Ricks College when he was the President, {click here for a copy} "In the Path of Their Duty" several times lately. I have felt that we all need a refresher no matter what level of challenges to the Honor/Dress Code we face each day. Please take a good chunk of time to read and discuss this, as an apartment in the next few days. Make personal and apartment goals. Please post your apartment goals so you remember them and can assist each other to keep them. Joey and I did this in the past few days, and I can tell you that we’ve received many blessings from doing this exercise.
I'm not going to tell you that you will have a clean check incentive if you do this as individuals and as an apartment, but those who do this and report back to me will receive many blessings!
- You will have greater peace in your apartment.
- You will draw closer to your Heavenly Father.
- We will all benefit from the spirit of unity that comes when many people show concentrated effort to do better.
I love you girls! I pray the best for you! Please take this invitation seriously and enjoy the blessings you have recently been seeking after.
No comments:
Post a Comment