painting by Leonid Afremov (afremov.com)


S P I R I T L O V E S A F E T Y

Quote of the Week


The Code of Honor prepares us for the sacred covenants we will make in the House of the Lord.
“My dear young brothers and sisters, the honor and dress codes are not obstacles designed by out-of- touch old people to hassle you during your time on the Ricks College [BYU-Idaho] campus. Rather, the honor code is a lesser law preparation to enter the house of the Lord and make sacred covenants, and the dress code is a lesser law preparation for how you will dress and should act after you have entered into those covenants. If you struggle at Ricks College [BYU-Idaho] to obey the lesser and preparatory guidelines contained in the honor and dress codes, then may I candidly suggest that you will not be prepared to make those covenants in the temple.” -President David A. Bednar, “In the Path of Their Duty,” Ricks College Devotional Address, September 1, 1998

No comments: